Sunday, August 11, 2013

All the signs that will help you be aware of scams online

Hello everyone and thanks for visiting my blog. The only purpose of this blog is to help you recognize a scam online. I will give you all the tools to know what is a scam/fraud and how to avoid falling in to it. Everything that I write here is from my own experience. It all started when I lost money few years ago and since then I know how to be careful. I can even say that this money is actually a fee that I paid in order to know what I know today.

Most of the online scams are coming from Nigeria/UK and rarely China. Here I will tell you about all the journey that I've been through since the first day I started shopping online (In order to establish the business that I own today) till today that I'm still running into them day after day non-stop. They just don't stop and they keep trying and trying to scam everyone and the only reason they don't stop is because they succeed.

Is it unfortunate to say but people still believe them and are still sending them items and money all the time and that's keep motivating them to keep trying. I promise you, once people will stop falling into their trap - they will stop but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen any time soon. They always have a new story and they are aiming everywhere.

What does that mean "aiming everywhere"? That means they will make you think that they are a pretty lady that is looking for love and she doesn't have a enough money for a flight ticket, that means they will make you think that they wanna give a donation to a poor kid with cancer and they always find a new story to tell you.

I don't really know where to start so I will just start somewhere and we'll keep from there.

First rule of recognizing a scam online is: Don't send anything by mail unless you know you're insured (Like eBay). But remember - even on eBay you can find scammers!
The scammers will do anything they can in order to make you believe that they will send you the goods/merchandise. If it's too good to be true - IT'S A SCAM!
I saw a user on eBay that had maybe 80 feedbacks, all of them was %100 positive and he also had the eBay Buyer Protection from eBay and he posted iPhones for sell for a very cheap price. When I decided to look at the items he sold I saw that all of the feedbacks that he had was for things that he sold for few bucks each. that's how he got %100 positive feedbacks. Long story short, in the item description field he wrote that he will not accept any bid unless you email him first and that's what I did, he replied me that he was sorry to reply so late, it's because he had a lot of customers and he has a lot of iPhones to sell (he gave a very good prices - too good) and when I told him that I will do the transaction only with eBay he just stopped replying me...

You can see very clearly that what he did was to make me think he's legit by listing an eBay ad and also having %100 positive feedbacks.

You can email me at anytime, I will help you with any scam problem you have... so don't let 'em get ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment